Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For The Birds Snowman - D2D Challenge - January 28, 2011


Thanks once again to Delightful Inspirations progressive weekly challenge for the cute digi stamp 
that can be found at the Designed 2 Delight online store.
Wow what a day.  Woke up at 4:00 am this morning to the Arctic Blast from Canada.  We have been on a down hill slide since last night temp wise.  At midnight it was 32 degrees and it is now 19 degrees with a wind chill of -1. For Texas that is just too cold.  Last time this happened was in 1996.  I want our winters back - only about 2 weeks of winter weather for the whole season.  We started with thunderstorms at midnight that changed to freezing rain then to sleet and finished off with snow by 8:00am.  So I got a "snow day" from work and decided I'd get may card done early this week instead of rushing on Thursday night to get it posted.

I wanted to make my card to used for either a winter card or Valentine card.  I think I did a good job meeting both cards.  

I used my Copic markers and Copic Red Glitter pen to color my snowman.  I had colored one in yellows but changed my mind and went with blues.  The snow at the bottom of the snowman is from a Snow Marker.  The falling snow is Frosted Stickles.  The papers are from stock on the shelf.  I used Ranger Distressed Broken China Stickles as a border around the snowman.  The yellow rainbow wave sticker is from a Stickabilities sticker sheet.  The sentiment is from K&Company Valentine Embossed sticker.  

Location supplies were purchased:
Copic Markers - JoAnn's online store
Snow Marker - JoAnn's Store - Ft Worth, Tx
Frosted Stickles - Hobby Lobby - Lake Worth, Tx
Distressed Stickle Broken China - Eclectica Scrapbooks & Stamps, Memphis, Tn
Stickabilities sticker - Hobby Lobby - Lake Worth, Tx
Valentine Embossed sticker - JoAnn's Store - Ft Worth, Tx

I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
  Papertake Weekly Challenge "Anything Goes"


3 comments:

  1. Lovely job - love the snow you created! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great image and the sentiment is fab too

    thanks for joining in with our LOVEley theme this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete