Sunday, February 6, 2011

Big Heart - D2D Challenge

Card Outside

Card Inside

Love is in the air...

This is my latest card for the Delightful Inspiration progressive challenge.  This week's digi stamp is the freebie for all.  So if you have not joined in now is the time.  The stamp will be on sale at the Designed 2 Delight stamp store after Thursday, Feb 11.  

When I saw the stamp Friday morning, I had a bunch of ideas running through my brain.  Since we were still iced in from the storm on Tuesday, Feb 2, I had extra time to play around with ideas and finally decided on this design.  I printed off the stamp to measure 51/2" by 7" on Neenah white card stock and colored it with Copics.  I cut the heart into 1/4" strips and cut away the excess around the edges and colored the edges to match the top.  I spaced the strips 1/16" apart on mounting foam squares onto a cream textured specialty paper from my stock.  The wording is a Glitter Sticker from K&Company purchased from Michaels. 

The cream textured paper is mounted on a piece of pink card stock from my stash that was punched with a border along the right edge.  The pink was then mounted onto a piece of white textured card stock for support and to allow the border to show.  

The inside of the card is done with Chocolate Glitter Rub-on Stickers from Royal & Langnickel Brush Mfg, purchased from Michaels.

I am entering the card in the following challenges:

2.  Allsorts of Challenges: Wk 89 "It must be Love, Love, Love" 
3.  Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: Challenge #120 "Valentine"



5 comments:

  1. Wow Beautiful card, and fabulous design and layout,

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 120 Valentines

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your treatment of the heart. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab card!
    Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful job with the image! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to cut it into strips, really adds a new look

    thanks for joining in with our LOVEley theme this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete