Thursday, March 24, 2011

Catch a Bug?



Wow, I was cutting this one short this week.  The weather has finally decided to warm up and I have been working outside in the yard.  Got part of my garden in this past weekend.  And guess what I saw... "Ladybugs" 

Thanks Faith once again for the wonderful design from Designed2Delight.

I have to give credit to my daughter Gennifer for the card backing design.  She came up with the circle inside a circle design for a Christmas card she was working on and let me use the template.  This card was a joint effort by both of us.  It amazed me how something so simple became hard to do.  I had a lot of ideas but time was not on my side, so with her assistance, I was able to pull it together.

The purple strips on the front of the card are embossed using the Cuttlebug and then brushed with "Dusty Concord" Distress Ink.  The centers are filled with yellow "Stickles"  My coloring is done with Copics.  The ladybugs are raised with Darcie 3/16" foam squares.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific card! Love how you designed the front with the ladybugs! Its sweet that you both spent time together! Thanks for joining us at D2D. Hugs, Kathie

    ReplyDelete